- The new Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sorghum and Millet will be led by Kansas State University and will produce innovations and technologies - such as climate-resilient varieties and new, more profitable market approaches for farmers - for use across sorghum and millet producing areas in Africa. The five-year grant of $13.7 million is aimed at helping end poverty and increase food supplies in semiarid Africa.
- The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy, led by a consortium including Michigan State University, the International Food Policy Research Institute and the University of Pretoria, will help increase partner countries’ capacity to identify and implement improved food security policies that can help facilitate greater food security and nutrition. This Innovation Lab will work with and support a wide range of governments, local think tanks, university researchers, private sector associations and civil society groups in building capacity and providing critical information to inform better food, agriculture and nutrition policies.
Livestock-Climate Change Collaborative Research Support Program (LCC CRSP) to Colorado State University in 2010. The LCC CRSP has its origins in the Global Livestock CRSP (GL CRSP) at UC Davis which ended in 2009. The new Livestock CRSP at CSU supports integrated research that helps small-scale livestock holders adapt to environmental and health impacts of climate change in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.In 2013, USAID mandated a name change for all CRSPs. We are transitioning from a CRSP to a Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research for Adapting Livestock Systems to Climate Change.
Call for proposals: Understanding Parasitic Disease Transmission and Control Strategies to Improve Animal and Human Health
- Release Date: July 15, 2013
- Deadline for Proposal Submission: September 15, 2013
- Funding Decision: Estimated by September 25, 2013
- Funding Period October 15, 2013-April 15, 2015
- Submit Inquiries and Full Proposal to: Diana.Fahrenbruck@colostate.edu